Do you have a question? Ask Kaim!
He has been involved with Greenstory since the start and has been using his GreenBook daily for 3 years now (still the same notebook).
For the most common questions, click here for the general FAQ.
There many left-handed GreenBook users, so we will share some of their tips here:
- Use your erasable notebook upside down
- Turn GreenBook 45 degrees
- GreenBook ink is fast-drying, but not as fast as a ballpoint. Thus, you will have the nicest experience if the back of your hand does not go over the ink immediately after writing.
I’m a leftie, and the black pen doesn’t leave marks on my hands! Plus I use some of the pages upside down as writing left-handed is easier that way. The habit tracker and nutrition planner are great for lefties too, I love that they are rotated.
Firstly, be aware that the Magic Pen contains fast drying ink. Don’t leave the lid off when you are not writing.
Did you accidentally leave the lid off? Put the GreenBook pen in a glass of water for a while.
Try a different angle.
If all else fails, then break the tip. Yes, you heard that right. Push the tip hard onto paper so that you hear something crack. Then the flow of ink will become bigger and consistent.
On iOS, you can scan documents with Notes.
On Android, we recommend the app Camscanner. Next to that, Evernote and Dropbox also have good built-in scan functions. Below, we walk you through these three apps.
- Click the camera button to make a scan.
- In ‘batch mode’ you can create one pdf doc with multiple scanned pages.
- Click the pdf sign at the top right, choose a destination and save in a folder of your choice.
- In our experience, Camscanner scans are better quality than OneDrive or Google Drive scans.
- Add new note
- Click ‘Camera’
- On ‘automatic’ mode Evernote finds and captures your note.
- Click the button in the top right corner for ‘manual’ mode
- Choose a file format. ‘Photo’ is the exact photo you took. ‘Document’ is the enhanced scan which we show below. After scanning a document but before saving it, you can click on the ‘settings’ wheel. Here, you can choose to ‘save to photo gallery’.
- Add new document
- ‘Scan document’
- On ‘automatic’ mode Dropbox finds and captures your note. Click ‘Auto’ to undo automatic mode.
- Click ‘Add page’ if you want to create one pdf document with multiple scanned pages
- Choose where to save your pdf file in Dropbox
You can find the pens, pen holders and cleaning kits in the tab next to GreenBook Pocket, almost at the top of the GreenBook page.
For small corrections, use the felt eraser on the back of the pens.
Use a dry wipe cloth, preferably made of a textured material such as felt.
No water or soap!
Whiteboard cleaning spray helps you clean pages in no time.
Out: hold the page on the top and gently zip downwards.
In: Carefully click each of the lips around the binding discs.